© Rita Draper Frazão

Inner Tour is a blog about People, Arts and Traveling by Rita Draper Frazão.
If you want to use my work, presented here, please send me a message.

1.02.2022

Viva


Happy New Year!

In the first day of 2022 I had the weirdest dream: I was shot in the chest and didn't die from it. I woke up pretty disturbed, but the images and what I felt was so strong, I wanted to paint it. There was a big message behind it.

Maybe a large number of people were eager to see 2021 behind their back. Some of us went through really tough moments, lately. Some of us learned and are learning how to rise from the ashes. If, for some reason you are going through a less easy phase, know that I did this to make you smile!

And after the bullet's hit us, the hole has been done and, besides the pain, or along with it, a new chance to see other colors in us, in life and in the world, can emerge. 

After all we have the gift to be alive! 


Making of


I have spent the whole day doing this work, and today, on the very first new moon of the year I am ready to share it with you!

The title Viva, is a Portuguese word that means alive, cheers or hi, depending on the context used.

So, the first idea that came to my mind was to burn paper reminding a bullet hole. Fire and some sort of destruction had to be present. And that is why it's reverse side is painted in black.  

Here's a picture of the making of the hole.




There are always two sides to every story


Black reminding dark, what we seemingly can't see.



A shot in a, until then, blunt white, empty and uncertain.
A detail below, where you can see the effects of the burned paper.



Quoting Aeschyluswisdom comes along through suffering.
This work is related with being able to be alive and feel joy and gratefulness for it. Something that, in the rush of life, we often don't stop to think about, right?

The idea that, that same suffering allowed a glimpse of something else, is something I wanted to explore in this page overlay, as one can see here:



Here's a detail of the burnt paper over the colors.



After all, through all these colors I wanted to express the idea to live with happiness, thankfulness and freedom of choice.






(As in my dream I was shot and proceeded alive and kicking) I believe there is always a way to be happy. That is my true wish for you!

What are your wishes for this year? 
Please comment below and share this with a friend you know that needs a boost of color and a positive message in their day :)

14 comentários:

  1. Amazing and so beautiful!
    Congratulations dear Rita.
    💐

    ResponderEliminar
  2. ... Straight in to your world 🤗 the colours that be🌎... This world for you and me 🌈 in gratitude for life and the new breath 😍 I'm alive,I say it with you * I say It to me 🌞 the coulours we are becoming each day

    ResponderEliminar
  3. AMEI!!!!!
    Parabéns!!!!
    ❤😘
    Renata GAM.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Dear Rita,

    I was very impressed by this work and the words that go along with it because in fact they unveil the story of your life. You have been able to learn from suffering, and, looking back, you have been able to see light and coulors where darkness once was. This is the personal experience that you are now sharing with others, as a beautiful and hopeful new year's wish. I also think that both the art work and the words are signs of your generosity and need to help other people...

    For all this, I thank you and wish you a woderful 2022, full of light and colour.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Being good with me, with whoever makes me feel good and anywhere!
    Think positive!
    Believing that I can achieve my goals!
    Thank's dear Rita.
    💐

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Maravilhoso Rita! Feliz 2022 com alegria, gratidão e essa resiliência e coragem em transformar o menos bom em positivo!

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Wow Rita it is an amazing work, and such an interesting genesis. It's like, make your dreams come true, but in this case from such an unexpected direction! The hole's burnt edge gives it a textural dimension, I want to feel it, but with my eyes... Fantastic!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Ohh Herbert, Thank's! Once you are here, I can show you this one live and more if you want to!

      Eliminar