© Rita Draper Frazão

Inner Tour is a blog about People, Arts and Traveling by Rita Draper Frazão.
If you want to use my work, presented here, please send me a message.

10.23.2020

Eternity Now





In such peculiar times like these, I feel like sharing something positive. 

It all started out by a breezy dream of mine, passing through some conversations I had, good memories and a special gift I received, this flower. All were key in the making of this work.

I've started drawing dreams since I was a teenager. The more I drew them, the more I remembered all visual details that, onward would become drawings. collages, paintings, etc.

On my bedside table, there's always pen and paper. Sleeping time is a critical moment of creativity, for me. Not seldom do I have ideas for drawings and projects, before I go to bed, or while dreaming. 

This composition was inspired by Calvin Klein's Eternity lettering, but also by the message behind this perfume, eternalized by Christy Turlington, back in the 90's. The add on the beach was my favorite. This was so iconic, CK remade an Eternity commercial this year with the same top model and her husband, the actor, Edward Burns. 

Moreover, I link this scent to certain persons I dearly care about, and, at a certain time of my life, I wore this perfume too. It lasts for days! 

And well, in these crazy pandemic times, I sense we all should concentrate more on structural things that last. Focus on subjects that matters, such as love, family, health and the sustainability of the planet. 

May our dreams allow it, and make us smile and have the strength to search beauty, permanence and time in the middle of all, that's going on in the world, presently. 
Like a memorable scent, or as a flashing light in our minds reminding us the idea in this drawing: Eternity now.

I dedicate this post and this drawing to Tia Mizé, Miguel and Meirinhos. 

2 comentários: