© Rita Draper Frazão

Inner Tour is a blog about People, Arts and Traveling by Rita Draper Frazão.
If you want to use my work, presented here, please send me a message.

11.28.2018

My drawings at Jazz Magazine

Upper East Side (John Zorn) © Rita Draper Frazão

Jazz Magazine is one of the oldest Jazz Publications in Europe. It's based in Paris, and exists since 1950.

I feel like it's so hard to be a music critic, in the sense that judging might be easier than transporting the reader to the place, the people, and the specific sound, when the person wasn't there.

The author of this article, David Cristol, did more than that. 
As if incarnating Proust, he made me dream, and provided a wide variety of references that framed the context in an extremely rich way. To the point that I feel like writing about him, instead of writing about the concert, the musicians or my drawings, as I usually do.

I just loved this text, it was a pleasure to read it (even though my French is so rusty!). It also reminded me the days I lived in Milano: i gelati, il duomo, la scala, i Sforza e Leonardo e sopratutto quella lingua la cui pronuncia e suono is to die for.

One could tell, David's references are wider than music. The sensibility to, for example, connect the dots between a Aleister Crowley and this concert, could only come from a very observant personality, a cultured person and from a peculiar being.

Along with this review, are two drawings of mine. One from John Zorn and the other one, from Bill Laswell. You can see the whole thing, my drawings and David's wonderful text, here

It was a team work. Thank you so much for inspiring me David! Hope it inspires you all as well! 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário